Administrators also known as Sysop (sys-tem op-erator) are the users who are given access to additional functions used to maintain and design the wiki. These users are also seen as leaders though not dictators. They usually enforce a set of policies so do not take it the wrong way when they warn you, these users just want to maintain the wiki and keep a consistency. These users are the users you go to when asking for help.
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, files, and comments.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing
- Revert undesirable edits more easily using a "rollback" link.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
Think you have what it takes to be an administrator? Then go try your luck at requests for adminship.